15 Fat Burning Foods for Body Fat Loss
15 Fat Burning Foods are the best fat burners you can fit into your daily diet. Foods that are top fat burners are also the healthiest for you, so look over this list of foods for burning the fat, and promoting body fat loss, and pick a few you can enjoy on a regular basis.
Do They Really Burn Fat?
Well, technically no! Foods don’t actually “burn fat.” The foods on this list of the best fat burners, provide the raw nutrients that support a powerful metabolism, for burning the fat and getting you leaner.
Some foods do this better than others and 15 of them have been included on this list of top fat burners. Foods that predispose your body to a sluggish metabolism are the ones you need to eliminate. Foods that help your body function more efficiently are the the best fat burners.
15 Fat Burning Foods
- Apple Cider VinegarIn addition to helping improve the taste of salads and other foods, Apple Cider Vinegar contains malic acid which can help the body increase its metabolic rate, and result in body fat loss.
- Broccoli Low in calories and packed with beneficial nutrients, 100 grams of Broccoli provides 25 calories, but your body expends 80 calories to digest it! This means that eating the Broccoli resulted in a “net loss” of 55 calories!
- Capsicum - Jalapeno, Habeneros, Chilli, Cayenne, and other hot peppersThese peppers are some of the best fat burners because they contain capsicum which has been shown to increase body heat and help increase that rate at which your body burns calories.
- Coconut Oil - (probably THE top fat burner) contains a special type of fat called Medium Chain Triglyceride that is metabolized much faster than other fats. It can ramp up your metabolism increasing lipolysis (fat burning), promote fat loss, and supply quick energy more like carbohydrates than fats.
- Cold water fish - Salmon, Mackeral, Bluefish, Sardines provide high quality omega 3 fats in abundance that help increase and maintain a higher metabolism. Being sources of quality protein there is also a thermogenic effect as well as enhanced blood sugar control.
- Eggs – contain the critical omega 3 fats which the body needs for optimal health. The integrity of cell membranes and mitochondria where body energy is produced depend on a steady supply of omega 3 fatty acids in the diet. Mitochondrial health is critical for proper metabolism and body fat loss.
- Flaxseeds and Flaxseed Oil – is another source of omega 3 fatty acids that supplies the body with healthy fats that it needs to generate a robust metabolism. Flaxseeds are a great source of fiber, which promotes colon health and also helps stabilize blood sugar levels. All these benefits make body fat loss and getting lean easier
- Garlic – helps remove toxins from the body and improves circulation. The effects on metabolism are still controversial, but garlic is a powerful antioxidant and when you detoxify the body there is a beneficial effect on metabolism and all other body functions
- Grapefruit – The Scripps Clinic “Grapefruit Diet” study confirmed people who included grapefruit in their daily diet lost more weight. The active ingredient in grapefruit that helps you to lose fat is naringin, a flavonoid that causes your body to burn body fat stores for energy. Grapefruit also provides phytochemicals, antioxidants and pectin, a form of soluble fiber, all of which help protect the heart from Atherosclerosis.
- Greens – green vegetables provide fiber, chlorophyll, and of essential nutrients, that help keep your body less acidic and more alkaline. Proper Ph level of your body is essential for normal metabolic functions, making greens a must have item in your diet.
- Green Tea and White Tea – when consumed in large enough quantity (4 cups per day or more) provides (catechins) which aid body fat loss by stimulating the body to burn calories and decreasing body fat. They are also potent antioxidants which protect your body against oxidative stress and thus helps ensure a healthier metabolism
- Lean Beef – provides protein which requires energy expenditure to break down and creates heat in the process. This is thermogenesis, which burns calories, and helps keep you lean and trim. Beef as red meat also provides creatine phosphate to help power your mitochondria to make energy and keep your overall level of energy and vitality up
- Olive Oil - has both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which help enhance metabolic function and thus promote fat burning. It provides more of the healthy fats your body requires for proper metabolic function
- Onions – similar to Garlic contain fat fighting compounds which help you maintain metabolic function, act as antioxidants, and help absorption of essential minerals used in critical body processes
- Turkey – (lean Turkey) provides the quality protein which will help curb our appetite, and provide the essential amino acids that support healthy metabolism. Thermogenesis and blood sugar stability are two additional benefits of consuming this top quality protein
The Best Fat Burners in Perspective
If it seems like I am repeating myself regarding the effect of these 15 fat burning foods on your metabolism, there is a reason. As the top fat burners, all of these foods support your overall health, as well as body fat loss
because they provide powerful nutrients like antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. All of these things are required for your body to maintain a healthy metabolic profile.
Which is THE best at burning the fat? My choice from the 15 fat burning foods on this list would be Coconut Oil hands down, but they are all great foods in terms of what they contribute to your health! Enjoy them often and in abundance!
So enjoy these 15 fat burning foods by working them into your daily diet as much as possible. Your waistline will be thinner and your lifespan (your healthy lifespan) will be longer!
Return from 15 Fat Burning Foods to Antiaging Food
Return to Longevity and Antiaging Secrets
New! CommentsCare to comment? Feel free to leave your comments below!